Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gillette's Pubes Towels Win Cannes Bronze Lion.


(click images, via) BBDO Germany claims they placed "thousands" of these custom towels in parks and other public grassy areas all over Germany ahead of the summer season to prompt Deutschlanders to shave (and nick) their nether regions. The stunt just won the agency a Media Bronze Lion for "best use of ambient media, small scale." Mildly clever.
But, I'm thinking what maybe happened was "a few" of the towels were placed in a park near BBDO's office, and quickly photographed? Nah. I'm sure, like usual, Cannes thoroughly vetted this effort to confirm its authenticity.
Previously in: Pubes-vertising.
Previously in: Gillette advertising.
Related: four Cannes 2010 winners I liked.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have those towels. I will send you the blue one, Ranter, for your birthday, along with Gillette Fusion (to shave your grassy region, provided you shave it).

10:12 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

No, I only use scissors VERY CAREFULLY.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home